The Low Country Education Consortium is proud to partner with the Digital Learning Collaborative to be able to offer an interactive online course for South Carolina teachers – Transitioning to Teaching in a Remote Learning Environment.
- Understand design considerations for a variety of learners and their families in a variety of situations.
- Identify key strategies, tools, and engaging experiences needed to optimize teaching and learning.
- Apply techniques for building community in an online and blended learning environment.
- Value frequent communication with stakeholders regarding learner progress and strategies for supporting learner engagement.
- Utilize learner-centered instructional strategies and tools to encourage active learning and interaction.
- Creates appropriate quantitative and qualitative assessment tools, which allow learners the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of the content.
- Demonstrate awareness and empathy for the online learner experience, both challenges, and benefits.
- Rolling Admissions
- School & District Cohorts Grouped Together
- Customizable Begin & End Date
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning
- Taught in Canvas – assignments customizable to any learning platform
- Aligned to the National Standards for Quality Online Teaching
- Developed by national leaders with a proven track record in quality online learning programs
Research & Pedagogy
For More Information
The online professional development course, Transitioning to K-6 Remote Teaching, is based on the National Standards for Quality Online Learning, specifically the Online Teaching Standards as well as the iNACOL Blended Learning Teacher Competency Framework. Both of these sets of standards and competencies were developed based on a review of the literature in the K-12 online and blended field and were created by a combination of practitioners and researchers in the field.
WHAT TEACHERS HAVE TO SAY
Note: Districts & schools wishing to enroll teachers as a cohort should email email@example.com or phone 843-333-4111 to obtain the information and paperwork for a cohort group. Individual teachers who are interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.